It is possible to use WordQ directly in Boreal Tales when these conditions are met:
- The game must not be in full screen mode. You can put it in Window mode by going in the game options (at all times, the cogs icon located at the top left corner of the screen).
- Open WordQ once the game is started.
- In WordQ, you need to set the window to fixed position.
By following these steps, WordQ can be easily used while playing. WordQ is regularly used with Boreal Tales by some of our most active teachers.
- The use of WordQ on iPad (iWordQ) with the game is very difficult because the student must navigate between both apps.
- On Chromebook, WordQ is not compatible with Boreal Tales since it exists only as a Chrome extension.
- The word predictor and the vocal synthesis work well when the student is writing. However, students will not be able to use the vocal synthesis to read texts when in explore mode, or to read the game’s instructions. When using the game with students who cannot read, teachers must provide their instructions verbally.